We saw this recipe and immediately decided this is the only hot drink we’re having throughout fall and winter. After all, we’re in France, land of milk, chocolate and red wine. The recipe is so easy and any sane person (especially if they live in France) should have these ingredients in the house.
If red wine hot chocolate isn’t winter goodness in a cup, we don’t know what is.
- 1.5 cups milk
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chunks
- 2/3 cup red wine
- Optional: Whipped cream, chocolate shavings, cinnamon, orange zest
- Heat milk and chocolate in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Whisk until all the chocolate is melted and well-incorporated.
- Add the red wine and stir some more until it's hot.
- Pour into 2 mugs or wineglasses.
- Top with optional toppings.